Friday, September 23, 2011

I just realized the duh smmary of my most intense current intellectual interest: thinking about and trying to document heterosexual female privilege.  There has of course been lots of attention paid to male hetero privilege, and I think it is high time to look at the other side of that record.  I don't imagine I am proposing a brand new focus, btw; but I do believe more o' this cld be helpful and, at best, in ways which will be painful/difficult, empower hetero women.  Gross the way in order to try and make more discurrsive space for lesbians I feel compelled to make sure I do hetero marketing; oh well, such is working within hegemony.  And actually I believe constraints are often great at making for more creativity/more comprehensive analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment