Wednesday, October 19, 2011

From a blog-comment box post by Kate Z on her own blog:

"summer camp always seemed very mysterious to me. i wonder if i would have kissed boys (or girls) earlier if i had gone to summer camp. as it was, i think i had my first kiss when i was 16 or 17. i'm a strange one, i guess."

I was twenty three for my "first kiss"--the non mom and dad kind.    Urgh, this seems in-line with heterosexual hegemony, that terrifying--no, terrifyingly natural--dynamic which I despise except I don't totally despise it because the world is heterosexual hegemony and I love the world.

Note: I use the term heterosexual hegemony because homophobia doesn't seem apt: that terms sounds like an involuntary condition--the squeal at a spider--whereas I think there is agency acted out to maintain this state.

No comments:

Post a Comment